Saturday, June 4, 2011

Q-art


My exhibition piece is a series of QR (quick response) codes, each representing a project I’ve done this year. These codes contain my year’s work, while also acting as stand-alone pieces of work themselves. When each QR code is scanned with an iphone or smart phone, you are taken to the piece of work it represents online. If you do not have access to a QR code scanner, you can enjoy the aesthetics of the code as a work of art in itself.











I also modelled a cube in 3Ds Max, each face of the cube with a different QR code. I was hoping to print it using the university's 3D printer, but unfortunately I wasn't able to use it because the printing guys we're too busy with other projects and didn't have time before my assignment deadline.


1 comment:

  1. Well this is really a informative post and I am glad to read such a great post. I came to your site by mistake but from now I am going to read all of your posts. Great article thanks
    joomla extensions

    ReplyDelete